In the last post, we have shared tutorial about how to use 4-digit passcode. Now we are excitedly want to share complete guide about how to check battery level of Siri Remote and game controllers on Apple TV. 4th generation Apple TV has the primary input method which is included Siri Remote though compatible ‘Made for iOS’ (MFi) Bluetooth controllers that can be optionally used to navigate across tvOS. Because the connected Siri Remote and gamepad is powered by rechargeable battery, you will need to check out the battery level especially when it stops working so that you can recharge is eventually. If you want to know the battery level of your Apple TV Siri Remote or other Bluetooth devices, you are required to check in Settings. This is want we want to share here, tutorial to learn how to check out the battery level of your Siri Remote or a Bluetooth gamepad paired with an Apple TV.
How to check Siri Remote’s battery level on 4th generation Apple TV
Follow the steps below to check Siri Remote’s battery level on 4th generation Apple TV:
- Go to Settings from the Home screen.
- Choose Remotes and Devices under Settings menu.
- Choose Bluetooth section.
- Now choose your remote or a Bluetooth game controller in order to get a quick readout of the current battery level.
How to charge Siri Remote
After you checked the battery level of your Apple TV Siri Remote, now you have to charge it when the result show that the battery level is low. With its rechargeable battery inside, the Siri Remote typically needs recharging “a few times a year” with typical usage, according to Apple claim. Apple says that the built-in lithium-ion battery can last “months” on a charge with normal use. You can see how much juice your Siri Remote has, in a general, nonspecific sense. Well, there are two ways to charge your Siri Remote’s battery:
- Plug it into a computer with the included Lightning to USB cable.
- Plug it into a wall outlet with an Apple USB Power Adapter like that which came with your iPhone or iPad.
The Siri Remote of 4th generation Apple TV takes about nine hours to fully charge and you can continue using it while it charges if you charge it within a range to your Apple TV. Keep in mind that you cannot charge the remote directly from your Apple TV. Anyway, of you don’t check the battery level of your Apple TV Siri Remote, you will be alerted when you need to charge your remote. The alert will appear on your TV screen.
How to Replace the Battery in Your Apple Remote
If you have the aluminum or white Apple Remote, you need to replace the battery in your Apple Remote when it is running low. Follow these steps below to remove and replace the battery in your Apple Remote:
How to replace Apple Remote battery for Aluminum Apple Remote
- Find the battery component on the back of your Apple Remote.
- Use a coin to turn the battery door counterclockwise until the door opens
- Remove the old battery.
- With the positive side facing up toward you, put in the new CR2032 or BR2032 lithium 3V coin battery.
How to replace Apple Remote battery for White Apple Remote
- Find the battery component on the bottom of the Apple Remote.
- With a paper clip or similar object, press the circular release button on the compartment and slide the battery tray out.
- Remove the old battery.
- With the positive side facing up toward you, put in the new CR2032 battery.
- Slide the battery tray back into the Apple Remote until it clicks.
if you want to watch amazon instant video on your Apple TV, don’t miss our next tutorial about how to play amazon instant video on you Apple TV