There are two password options to choose from with paid and in-app purchases, those are: always requires and require after 15 minutes. Always requires password: when you make a purchase, you’ll be asked to enter your password, even if you’re signed in with your Apple ID. While require after 15 minutes: when you make a purchase, you will be asked to enter your password only every 15 minutes. If you don’t want to enter your password when downloading free songs or apps and the paid ones as well, you can turn off your password protection for both free and paid items on your Apple TV. Yes, you can turn it off on your Apple TV. Here, we will help you to turn off your password protection on your Apple TV with this tutorial.
How to Disable Password Prompts for Downloads on 4th generation Apple TV
If you own 4th generation Apple TV, follow the steps below to disable password prompts for downloads on 4th generation Apple TV for both free and paid items download:
- Go to Settings on your Apple TV Home screen.
- Select Accounts from the options
- Choose iTunes and App Store
- Select Password option
- Choose the require password option in the section labeled Purchases and In-App Purchases
- Now set your preferred level of protection to Never. You can also choose to be reminded to Always enter password for purchases or After 15 Minutes if you want to turn it back on.
- Also select Require Password under the Free Downloads section and choose Never to turn off password prompts when downloading free apps from the App Store.
- There won’t be an option to turn this Setting on if you set Require Password to Never on the step 6.
How to Disable Password Prompts for Downloads on 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TV
The tutorial below is telling you how to disable password prompts for downloads on 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TV. Follow the outlined steps below:
- Go to Settings from the Home screen on your Apple TV.
- Choose iTunes Store from the available menu.
- Select Sign In section and the sign in with your Apple ID and password. if you already are signed in, sign out and then follow the steps in this section to change your password settings.
- A screen that offers you to remember the password now should appear on your Apple TV.
If you choose “Yes” for the appear screen, your Apple TV system will remember the password for purchases as long as you’re signed in with your Apple ID. Otherwise, if you choose setting your level of protection to “No” will require your password each time you purchase television shows or movies on the device.
It is true that you can disable password prompts for free items in iOS and OS X, but you cannot completely turn it off password protection for paid downloads on these platforms.
Troubleshoot of forgot Apple ID Password
This tutorial is very helpful if you are having issues signing in with your Apple ID password. if you forgot your Apple ID password, you will need to reset it and regain access to your account. To reset your password, you will need to know the email address that you use for your Apple ID. Follow the steps below to reset your password:
- Go to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Forgot Apple ID or password.
- Enter your Apple ID
- Select the option to reset your password.
- Click Continues
From there, you can see how to reset your password after entering your Apple ID depending on the security features that you are using with your account. If you choose to set up two-factor authentication, your steps will be different than if your account uses security questions. There are two option to continue resetting your password: Answer your security questions or Get an email.
If you have passed this step, if you used two-factor authentication, you can reset or change your password directly from your trusted iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or on iforgot.apple.com. these steps will work only from a trusted device with a device passcode enabled. These steps will work only from a trusted device with a device passcode enabled. Read this tutorial to learn about how to use 4-digit passcode. After you reset your password, you will be prompted to sign in again with your new password. you also might need to update your password in Apple services and on your devices. If you want to know how to put your Apple TV into sleep/standby mode, this tutorial may be helpful for you